[geeks] worst part of the job?

Big Endian geeks at sunhelp.org
Wed Jan 2 11:27:00 CST 2002

I work at $SMALL_COMPANY and they just had me lock all accounts and
change all the passwords on various systems that $JUST_FIRED_GUY had
access to.  I honestly thing this is one of the worst parts of the
job.  I did it a lot at my last job (lots of contract workers who's
projects ended) but they were all contractors that I'd never met.  I
really don't like doing that.  I feel... dirty.  I didn't like the
guy that much, he always bugged us for $STUPID_USER_TRICKS and he was
generally annoying in person too but... I feel bad being an
accomplice in this.  I think that this has been the worst part of
working here (I've done this a few times since I got here, including
the guy I replaced [he got canned about a month after I got here]).
Anybody else feel this way?

daniel