[geeks] Happy new Year, everyone!

geeks at sunhelp.org geeks at sunhelp.org
Tue Jan 1 11:06:49 CST 2002

kris at catonic.net writes:

>Lately, I've found prescription drugs and gasses useless. Yeah, it dulls
>the pain, but having been a recreational pot smoker, I find that I am in
>control of my abilities at all times. My brother, who never touched
>anything in his life, had to be helped from the car after his surgery. I
>just got up and got out. Didn't really have much of an option either,
>since my father wasn't home and my 5'4" mother couldn't do much to help
>anyway. (I'm 5'9", 210 lbs.) It sickens me to see people act stupid for
>the sake of doing so because they are high for the first time in their
>lives. BTDTGTS.

Back when I watched TV, I found it very amusing that in the midst
of the anti-drug hysteria (the government paying companies to place
the correct anti-drug propoganda in their sitcoms, etc) enjoying
illegal drugs was absolutely never seen, *but* it was perfectly
acceptable for people to have the time of their lives when accidently
over-medicated.

So:

"I went and got some morphine, because I enjoy it." - NEVER.

"Weeeeee! They gave me too much morphine!!!!" - Queue the laugh track.

------ David Fischer ------- dave at cca.org ------- http://www.cca.org ------