[geeks] I never thought

geeks at sunhelp.org geeks at sunhelp.org
Tue Feb 26 05:40:48 CST 2002

I had a math prof like this, except he was clearly a tired and angry old man
who didn't feel like teaching anymore. Now math is my weak subject, so I
started at .100. This guy galloped through stuff so fast that even the
cluefull were scratching their heads. He would get angry and yell if we
didn't "get it" and expected us to seek after-class time with him to achieve
clarity. The few students who had the time for this said he was different
"in person" and made everything clear. It was as if he was trying to fill
his social schedule using this method. I, however, was working 40 hours a
week on a full class load. In the end 3/4 of the students got F's, myself
included. We went as a group to the dean, but he supported the prof. I took
the class over and drew the same teacher (questioning friendly profs
revealed he made sure his F students ended up with him again). I got a D
after much struggle. I quit the next year when I got him as a physics
teacher. Phuck I just can't win.

btw.. I aced my core studies. One of the aces I achieved by attending only
the labs (prof challenged me by saying I couldn't pass labs without
instruction, but if I did he'd pass me). Go figure.

James Fogg, Network Engineer
Vicinity Corporation - New Hampshire
(603) 442-1751