[geeks] Hmmm.. food for thought...

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Wed Feb 20 04:48:51 CST 2002

On Wed, Feb 20, 2002 at 03:42:41AM -0600, Geek wrote:
> ... my repulsion of the original iMac's and their colored skins, but I
> think their ads are just not as memorable. Another possibility is
> that I have no stores locally that sell the Mac, so it is useless to
> consider them.

I held off from buying a Mac for a long time because they were slow and
ugly.  When I eventually got one, it was a 600MHz graphite* imac.  I bought
it to run OS X and for no other reason.  Damnit, I want a unix that can
draw pretty pictures and make more than a pathetic bleeping noise!

Now, I have an ibook and a cube - the cube replaced the imac.

However, an Apple ad on the TV *has* made me go out and buy something.
Several months before I bought the imac, Apple showed a series of ads which
were really simple, just the camera rotating around an imac with some
Proper Music playing.  Those ads made me go out and buy albums by Cream
and Procol Harum :-)

* - the other choices at the time were those awful flower-power ones

May your blessings always outweigh your blotches!
    -- Dianne van Dulken,
       in alt.2eggs.sausage.beans.tomatoes.2toast.largetea.cheerslove