[geeks] Hmmm.. food for thought...

Kris Kirby kris at catonic.net
Tue Feb 19 00:47:38 CST 2002

On Tue, 19 Feb 2002, Dave McGuire wrote:
>   Interesting article.  Some people love PeeCee hardware so much it
> scares me.  Current high-end Macs blow the doors off even the fastest
> PeeCees, they're built better, and they're not much more expensive
> these days.  Why bother?  Why not just buy a decent computer in the
> first place?

PC Hardware has just become a joke and mediocre. I know what you're
thinking Dave: "just become? always was!" I've seen it decline, as every
single facet of the industry. Processor speeds versus memory bandwidth
versus bus width make it a joke for any *real* work.

I couldn't get a *real* server approved for anything, but everyone has a
budget for PC crap.

And no, they can't pay $BIG_SUM upfront, but they'll happily allow
themselves to be nickel-and-dimed by so-called consultants and lied to by
marketing types.