[geeks] First Bad eBay Experience

Eric Dittman dittman at dittman.net
Mon Feb 4 19:52:30 CST 2002

I just had my first bad eBay experience.  My own fault, really,
as I didn't read the fine print closely enough.  I now have
two Intel Mobile CPUs that I can't use, as these are microBGA2
and not microPGA2 CPUs.  The fact that BGA wasn't capitalized
should have caught my eye.

The guy was selling a lot of these, too, so I guess he got stuck
with a lot he couldn't use, either.  If I could find a couple of
the microBGA2-microPGA2 carriers (which are actually what is used
to make the microPGA2 CPUs in the first place) I could convert
these.

Oh, hell.  I can't leave negative feedback, either, because he
did send me what was actually on sale, but I can leave a neutral
feedback rating telling potential buyers to read the fine print
on his auctions.
--
Eric Dittman
dittman at dittman.net