[geeks] TFT-panel

Bjorn Ramqvist brt at g.haggve.se
Thu Dec 12 07:14:14 CST 2002

Mike Hebel wrote:

> I'm betting that it goes to an Apple Powerbook - that's what the Hosiden
> tells me.  I'm betting that if it's 10" it matches something like my
> 540C screen in which case it should be E-Bayable easily as people are
> always looking for parts for that 'book.  I'll check tonight and get
> back to you.

Well, it came from a Compaq laptop (probably late 486 or early Pentium
machine), but they probably use these in other types of machines aswell.

> > Any ideas? Throw it back into the dumpster?  <---
>
>   Definitely not.  E-Bay. ;-)

Well, that wouldn't be a problem, other than I HATE international
shipping, money transfering and all that stuff.
It's not that common, atleast where I am, to deal at acution sites by
that magnitude. Often we put in an ad on the internet to sell off some
gear, or, we deal with friends. Sometimes someone needs a particular
part.

The biggest problem I'm facing, if I want to go through with the idea of
using it, is to find (in an easy way) a linedriver/interface for this
one. There are hundreds of standards and I must find a somewhat
compatible generic card to be able to feed VGA-style signals to it. DVI
ain't close to the digital specs on these panels.

/Bjorn