[geeks] TFT-panel

Mike Hebel nimitz at speakeasy.net
Thu Dec 12 07:03:14 CST 2002

Bjorn Ramqvist wrote:

> I've "rescued" a somewhat different item some weeks ago, a TFT panel
> from a laptop.
> >From the looks of it, it have a small (like VHDCI) 31-pin interface and
> two white cables up in the right corner on the opposite end, probably
> backlight.
> The label says "Hosiden HLD0912-023010" and by googleing(?) I've found
> that it's a 10.4" Color panel, and there it ends.

I'm betting that it goes to an Apple Powerbook - that's what the Hosiden
tells me.  I'm betting that if it's 10" it matches something like my
540C screen in which case it should be E-Bayable easily as people are
always looking for parts for that 'book.  I'll check tonight and get
back to you.

Anybody know where a good place to get specs on this stuff?  I've got a
few passive-matrix screens from old Toshiba notebooks that would make
good digital picture frames or small (9") monitors.  I've done web
searches and found very little.

> Any ideas? Throw it back into the dumpster?  <---

  Definitely not.  E-Bay. ;-)

Mike Hebel