[geeks] FSCKING oncall pager rant

Brian Hechinger wonko at 4amlunch.net
Tue Apr 30 17:08:23 CDT 2002

On Tue, Apr 30, 2002 at 01:33:31AM -0700, Fogg, James wrote:

> Yeah, I have one luser on the West coast that twice now has called me at
> 8:00pm HIS time for a phone number. Thats past bedtime for me. His urgent
> need this week? An unpublished home phone number of an MS/NT admin. He
> wanted him to walk him through a reinstall of some software he deleted
> accidentally on his company laptop. At night!
>
> I guess oncall operator = company phonelist.
>
> What kills me is that the oncall operator is supposed to only handle
> production issues. If it doesn't run in a datacenter oncall shouldn't be
> called.

these people get hung up on by me.  i don't tolerate nonsense when i'm on call.

unless i'm getting paid like at the last place, 2 hours of pay to look up
someone's phone number?  yeah, i'll do that. ;)

-brian
--
Whoops, nevermind...  the compile just imploded, crashing the xterm it was
running in as well...  Thanks, Richard...              -- George Adkins --