[geeks] more very cool bday gifts

Chris Byrne chris at chrisbyrne.com
Tue Apr 30 06:15:20 CDT 2002

Thanks all for the many happy birthday wishes. I had a great birthday and I
hope all of yours are the same.

Anyway a few months back my GF asked me what sort of presents I like OTHER
than computer stuff. I responded after some thought, gadgets. You know stuff
with Fiddly bits and whatnot. Man did she get me gadgets.

Of course my main present was the scanner, but it had gadgets attached. A 25
sheet document feeder, and a film ngateive, and 35mm slide scanner. Way cool
gadgets since Im an amateur photographer.

Then she gets me one of these http://www.mathmos.com/modern/modern/bub1.htm

Its a rubber ball that has a rechargable led based lamp inside of it.
Sweeet. You have to see one to understand. The lamp turns on or off when you
squeeze it or when it hits a solid surface. It's so cool.

But it gets better, she also grabs me a pen that has a blinking led that
goes off whenever theres a mobile phone signal within 6 to 8 feet, and a
desktop clock shaped like a countach.

But the coolest gadget was this
http://www.digitaldreamco.com/shop/espion.htm

It's a digital camera the size of a Zippo lighter! Sweeeet!

So my GF definitely kicks ass. Too bad she doesnt read this list.

Then to top it all off our other housemante Dave (the guy who works in a
record store) gets me the usual suspects special edition DVD.

Who is Kaiser Soze baby.

Chris Byrne