[geeks] G1's and other mainframey goodness Was Compuholicsanonymous

Andrew Weiss ajwdsp at cloud9.net
Tue Apr 30 15:21:19 CDT 2002

On Tuesday, April 30, 2002, at 03:04 PM, Chris Byrne wrote:

> Andrew,
>
> Are you a fellow propellerhead (aviation enthusiast)?
>
> Actually very good question. How many of us are aviation enthusiasts or
> pilots?
>
> Chris Byrne

To a certain degree yes... I grew up as an aviation enthusiast (wanted
to be any number of pilot types at different times... airline, military
(C-130), blimp, etc....also submarine captain etc.).  I was also a
strong WWII naval and air enthusiast.  I started in earnest on that
segment when I was 10 (had the original Lucas Arts simulator Battlehawks
1942).  As I got older and decided not to be a pilot but rather a
chemical engineer, then chemist, and finally IT person, my brother
remained the aviation enthusiast.  He's hearing impaired so he couldn't
be a pilot, so he started as an aero engineer and eventually became a
degreed airport facilities management person... he's going to do
powerplant and some maintenance school this year.  He's the FS2002 FS(x)
nut, but I still remember a lot of our useless facts, figures,
experiences.

We were in the Civil Air Patrol together for the longest time, and I
know how to, and have flown planes before... though I never did
formally... (had money to take classes/log hours).  I want to again some
time.

I am particularly into WWII bombers, a fighter or two, transports, and
commercial airliners both past and present.  I like planes just like I
like most everything... [excepting bills and price tags] large.
Computers, Planes, Cars, Trucks, Women, etc.  I could say I also like
the former things loud.... well except for the last item. :-)

I'd also like to go to Texas sometime in the next few years and visit
the Confederate Air Force on their own turf... (or whatever they are
called at this moment)

Andrew