[geeks] G1's and other mainframey goodness Was Compuholics anonymous

dave at cca.org dave at cca.org
Mon Apr 29 16:35:03 CDT 2002

ajwdsp at cloud9.net writes:

>I'd be in the same boat as Sambo, but I'm also broke... I eventually
>want:

>1. z-Series machine or 390
>2. Apple Network Server 700
>3. E4500
>4. NeXT DIMENSION Cube (big Kahuna at blackhole)
>5. Big pSeries box and a Big i series box
>6. Any Univac era computer (running/runnable)
>7. Dual next gen Powermac (rumored G5 whatever... loaded)
>8. A large Panzer tiger*
>9. CM5

I was once in the warehouse space where about thirty decomissioned
CM5s were being stored. Unfortunately, they had already been
stripped. Even the skins were gone... nothing left but power supplies,
wiring, and empty card cages.

There was one CM-2 carcass there too! ARRRRRG!

As for 390s... I'd much rather have a 360.

------ David Fischer ------- dave at cca.org ------- http://www.cca.org ------
-------- "I prefer the ridiculous to the sublime." - James Chance ---------