[geeks] Stupid mouse tricks

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Mon Apr 29 08:01:34 CDT 2002

> I see.  So, based on the fact that the PS/2 -> serial adapter looked
> completely passive, it probably isn't going to work.

I have a Logitech trackbal (Trackman F/X) that does both serial and
PS2.  The PS -> serial adapter *is* passive - but the circuitry in the
trackball somehow detects what it's plugged into and makes the
apprpriate changes to signaling...

> I guess I should just buy a new machine, or at least a new mobo/CPU.  I would
> have tried the USB card, but I found that despite my machine being well over
> the minimum specs, I can't get a playable frame rate from DeltaForce at
> any resolution higher than 320x200.  This sucks.  I just wanted a distraction
> that is quick and easy for the next two weeks.

Jeez - 320x200?  What proc?  AFAIK Delta Force doesn't use accellerated
video, at least it didn't when I installed it on my machine.  Delta
Force is one of those games that's very fun to play, even though the
graphics aren't extremely realistic.  The gameplay is very immersive.
Fully enjoyable.
--
Kurt
kurt at k-huhn.com