"this economy" (was Re: [geeks] Ultra 2)

David Passmore dpassmor at sneakers.org
Sun Apr 28 10:29:50 CDT 2002

On Sat, Apr 27, 2002 at 09:20:18AM -0500, Bill Bradford wrote:

> In Dallas, I could get $120K easily, if i wanted to put up with Dallas.

Personally, I don't think anyone in a sysadmin position could command that
kind of salary today, anywhere unless they were extremely specialized in a
niche market.

At my new job at AOL, I'm still net positive on salary after leaving
the DC for two years of backbreaking work in California, but not by much.
Jobs that pay more than that (that I turned down) were all consulting
gigs... and I'm no consultant.

David