[geeks] PHEAR ME

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Sat Apr 27 16:15:06 CDT 2002

"Jonathan C. Patschke" wrote:

> On Sat, 27 Apr 2002, Kurt Huhn wrote:
>
> > Considering the fact that I have very little knowledge of C++ - what is
> > good place to start? I prefer dead trees - as books are more 'random
> > access' for my though process...
>
> There's no need to rot a perfectly good brain with all that C++ rubbish.
> Just learn C.  If you need OO later, there's always Java or Smalltalk or
> C++ if you -have- to use it.

Okay, so C++ seems to be gathering critisms from people who's opinions I
respect :)

Well, primarily what I want to do is to create this piece of software
that allows woodworkers to build and view, in 3 dimensions, projects
before they actually start cutting wood.  If you recallthat
conversation, maybe you have an idea of what language would be ideal for
that?

I'm thinking OpenInventor, which apparently has a lot of C++ stuff or
references C++ or has C++ libraries or whatever......or maybe that was
C....

Fuck, I gotta go read that again.

I just got finished roughing in a piece of furniture this afternoon, and
I really could have used this piece of software to avoid the one minor
mistake I made today...
--
Kurt
kurt at k-huhn.com