Dog Poop (was: Re: [geeks] aw yeah.)

Ron 'The InSaNe OnE' Rosson insane at oneinsane.net
Sat Apr 27 10:32:46 CDT 2002

    dave> insane at oneinsane.net writes:

    Kurt> (I assume the worst with pitbulls)

    >> Why do you assume the worst. Do not get me wrong with any dog no matter
    >> the breed you should be on your guard but the worst just because it is
    >> a pitbull is absurd. Also a good portion of the bad/mean dogs out there
    >> is not the dogs fault. It is the asshole who owns it and made it that
    >> way with god knows what kinda bad handling / training the owner did to
    >> make the dog that way.

    >> Sorry I am a proud pitbull owner and the statement that you made makes
    >> it harder for us proud/proper owners of American Pitbull Terriers that
    >> these dogs make great family pets.

    dave> Pitbulls attack. That's what we bred them for.  That's why they
    dave> exist.

Umm.. Your history is a little off on the breed of the American Pitbull
Terrier. They where bred to fight other dogs not to attack humans. Back in the
day when sick bastards ( People who fought dogs for sport and money ) would do
"Pit Fighting" there was a pit dug the place a referee the owner of each dog
into the pit. ( Ok we have three grown men and 2 dogs in a confined space )
If the dog attacked its owner or any other man it was shot on the spot no
questions asked.. That is a trait they could not afford and did not want in
the gene pool.

    dave> I don't think people should keep pitbulls. (I'm a Libertarian, so I
    dave> don't think it should be illegal. But I don't think you should do
    dave> it.) I think it's equivalent to keeping venemous snakes.  Sure, lots
    dave> of people keep them and enjoy them as pets, and don't get hurt,
    dave> but... why not just pick a pet that isn't inherently a killer?

I love this breed for its qualities:
	Will go out of its way to please. ( dog is all heart )
	Very Faithful and obedient.
	High Endurance.

    dave> (If you don't think pitbulls are inherently killers, then please
    dave> explain the origins of the breed.)

All you questions can hopefully be answered here:

http://www.nyx.net/~mbur/apbtfaqpre.html

-Ron