"this economy" (was Re: [geeks] Ultra 2)

alex j avriette avriettea at speakeasy.net
Sat Apr 27 09:36:28 CDT 2002

>  ... it's very corporate. Dress code is insane. http://catonic.net/dress

That is NOT insane. Thats what I wear every day to work. The only thing
I would have a problem with is that I wear "geek polos" to work
(openbsd, linux, freebsd, copyleft, apache), and that would require
managerial approval. At least theyre not asking you to wear a suit.

> Also, I don't understand dress codes. The requirements for men don't
> parallel the freedom that women have in choosing dress. It's "do this
> this way OR ELSE."

and why cant they just settle on leaving the seat up? bleh. move on,
youre not going to win this one. ever.

alex