[geeks] aw yeah.

Eric Dittman dittman at dittman.net
Sat Apr 27 01:27:10 CDT 2002

> >DLT is not that expensive, if you keep watch on eBay.  I just
> >bought my second loader unit (with DLT2000 drive) for $99.  I
> >will buy another DLT4000 drive (~$200) and upgrade the DLT2700
> >to a DLT4700.  For $300 I'll have another 280GB of tape storage
> >(I have another DLT4700).
>
> I'm hoping that Quantum will get back to me, I have a DLT 4000 drive from a
> DLT4700 library that had fried library control electronics, and I'm trying
> to come up with non loader firmware for it, currently it is flashed with
> "loader only" firmware.

My DLT4000 drive has "STANDALONE ONLY" written on it, and it works
in a loader just fine (and the loader identifies itself as a
DLT4700 when the drive is installed).  I've also used a drive
that was labeled "LOADER ONLY" as a standalone drive without
any problems.  What is the drive doing when you try to use it
standalone?

> And I need to get a new leader for it, it has the standard DLT failure
> problem, broken take up leader....

I see these on eBay at times.
--
Eric Dittman