[geeks] aw yeah.

Geoff Reed geoffr at zipcon.net
Sat Apr 27 01:24:42 CDT 2002

At 05:57 AM 4/26/02 -0500, you wrote:
>DLT is not that expensive, if you keep watch on eBay.  I just
>bought my second loader unit (with DLT2000 drive) for $99.  I
>will buy another DLT4000 drive (~$200) and upgrade the DLT2700
>to a DLT4700.  For $300 I'll have another 280GB of tape storage
>(I have another DLT4700).

I'm hoping that Quantum will get back to me, I have a DLT 4000 drive from a
DLT4700 library that had fried library control electronics, and I'm trying
to come up with non loader firmware for it, currently it is flashed with
"loader only" firmware.

And I need to get a new leader for it, it has the standard DLT failure
problem, broken take up leader....