"this economy" (was Re: [geeks] Ultra 2)

Mike Hebel nimitz at owc.net
Fri Apr 26 22:54:53 CDT 2002

>> Just as an example, I've been seeing senior UNIX or full system+network
>> admin positoions with requested 5+ years experience with a salary on offer
>> of 35k. I made more than that in my first junior admin job. That's the

KH> Holy Moses in a chicken bucket!  Talk about RAPE!!!

Unfortunately Kurt that's what the going rate is for a lot of people
these days regardless of skills/experience.

function getjob(boolean b_hired);
{
         int i_timesscrewed;
         char c_excuseforcatbert;
         char c_certification;
         char c_catbertrejection;
         char c_catberthiresyoumaybe;
         char c_beggingonnees;

         interview = printf(c_excuseforcatbert, c_certification,   /
                     c_beggingonnees/n);
         if c_certification == "" then
            ++i_timesscrewed;
            b_hired == false
            bootoutthedoor(gets(c_catbertrejection));
            exit;
         else
            printf(gets(c_catberthiresyoumaybe));
            b_hired == true
            exit;
         end if;
}

Alternatively "case" statements on salary also could be used.
(Yes, I know my code sucks - I'm too apathetic right now to try and
write stuff.  Sorry.)

Mike Hebel                        mailto:nimitz at owc.net