[geeks] /dev/brain

Kris Kirby kris at catonic.net
Fri Apr 26 19:40:38 CDT 2002

On Fri, 26 Apr 2002, Michael Conlen wrote:
> > You're not thinking clearly, the implant will most likely handle all
> > this stuff itself and just "display" stuff directly into the visual
> > cortex.  The hardest task for your brain would be to just "think" the
> > pointer over the page and "click"

On the contrary, in my abstract, you'd simply notice a link and follow it
automagically.

Ever noticed how you can pull in more information *looking* at a small
paragraph rather than reading it line by line? My brain regonizes all the
letters at once -- there is no need to move my eyes, except to follow text
that is too wide. Speed reading by character recongition. Doesn't work
that way all the time, but a few times, it does.

> I think I'd rather have a direct packet feed in to the brain. I think what
> the human mind could do with all that data would be very interesting to see.
> There's no computer system that can keep up with information comming in like
> the human brain can.

Yeah, a packet-to-neuron interface would be most interesting.

Thinking about this for a bit, I believe humans are Serial (communcation)
machines, not parallel.