[geeks] Ultra 2

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Fri Apr 26 15:03:05 CDT 2002

On Fri, 26 Apr 2002, Bill Bradford wrote:

> Dude, in this economy, sucky job > no job.

At this point, I'd disagree.  I'm much healthier, much better-slept, and
have much lower blood pressure than I did while working for $asshole.
Plus, I planned ahead and had enough savings to fall back on for a little
while in case things ever -did- go to hell (which they did).  I knew my
job was making my health (mental and physical) go to hell, and I got tired
of only seeing my family only once or twice a -=month=-.

I'm sure that Brian similarly has his reasons.  I think the overwhelming
majority of us are mature enough to not just quit our respective jobs
because we flew off the handle once or twice.

Granted, a job would be -really- damned nice right about now, but I don't
-at all- regret giving my previous job the finger and walking.  If need
be, I can get a non-tech job as a laborer somewhere.  I don't feel like
that's beneath me.  In fact, I might actually enjoy a bit of mindless work
for a while.

--Jonathan