[geeks] aw yeah.

dave at cca.org dave at cca.org
Thu Apr 25 20:51:29 CDT 2002

chris at chrisbyrne.com writes:

>Nice looking knife, but the guys a horrible liar.

>I'm a cutlery collector from way back and I can say without a doubt the most
>popular knife among marines is and always will be the K-BAR, and the gerneal
>run of the army navy and airforce dont give a shit about knives usually
>sticking with the issue M9 survival knife/bayonet if they even bother.
>Really the big knife folks are SOCOM, and in the community the opinion is
>split between Cold Steel, Benchmade, Iron mountain, and S.O.G, or various
>custom makers (the most popular guy has a 2 year waiting list, and his knife
>designs are copied for mass production by benchmade).

>If you ever want to own one knife that you will NEVER have to replace and
>can use for almost anything I have a recommendation for you. Buy an SRK from
>cold steel http://www.coldsteel.com/srk.html

I used to have a knife I really liked. I don't think it was in the league
with the stuff you're talking about, but it was neat. German paratrooper
issue gravity knife. Totally illegal. :-)

It was stolen recently.

Ah well.

My good knife at the moment is a Swedish bayonet.

------ David Fischer ------- dave at cca.org ------- http://www.cca.org ------
-------- "I prefer the ridiculous to the sublime." - James Chance ---------