[geeks] O2 graphics compared to entry-levelOctanegraphics?

Chris Byrne chris at chrisbyrne.com
Thu Apr 25 11:20:05 CDT 2002

I guarantee you there would be a VERY large market for it. Home centers,
school woodshops etc... When I worked for a furniture refinisher and
restorer this would have been VERY nice since we were working on furniture
where a single screwed up cut could cost us tens of thousands of dollars.

We had to train people on nothing but doors and bookshelves for six months
before they wrer even let touch anything more complex.

Software like that would definitely help that type of operation, and I'm
willing to bet you find at least one in every good sized town in America.

And since you have some fairly limited parameters to work with i.e. known
characteristics of avaliable materiels and a limited set of textures, plus
I'd say you only need a limited set of lights as well, you wouldnt have
nearly the volume of tasks to code for that a full design package would
have.

Of course the last time I actually coded anything larger than a reasonable
complex script was in college so what do I know.

Chris Byrne