[geeks] mrbill at mrbill.net: NETGEAR Content Log 11de43

Rick Hamell hamellr at heorot.1nova.com
Tue Apr 23 15:06:56 CDT 2002

> You know, as much as I hate to sound like a right bastard, I will say that I
> like the fact that Fry's has such an open return policy, and it is
> predicated on the fact that they put the returns right back on the shelves
> knowing some moron will come by and pick them up. Note that, at least at the
> Fry's stores in the bay area, returns are clearly marked. If you pick a
> return off the shelf, well, you get what you get.

	Boy... not around here... they hassle you about returning it in
the first place, want you to bring the computer in, charge you the
installation fee, then they'll finally take it back. 9 times out of 10
it'll appear back on the shelves anyways and unmarked.

	The one time they told me I had to bring the machine in so that
they could "make it work right," (CDR drive BTW,) I brought in a FreeBSD
machine. They started back pedaling pretty quickly once they saw it boot
up. So I pretended to get all pissed off that they made me bring the
machine in, then say they can't help and demanded to speak to manager. I
got the product replaced finally. Even then I still don't shop
there. Better prices at better places, and a lot better customer
service. I hate having my bags checked at the door like I'm a thief.

	Rick