[geeks] Anybody know anything about Intergraph's high end PCI framebuffers? Identified!!

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Mon Apr 22 15:01:23 CDT 2002

On 2002.04.22 03:50 Mike Nicewonger wrote:

> It's a DEC Powerstorm 4D50T Not much info out there for it other than
> some  old references on Usenet.
I have one of that beasts in my 500au. It is an Intergraph OEM product.
Sridhar and I are suspecting that there is some high end IBM chipset
used on this boards. It has 3D capabilities equal to the SGI Impact.
(4D50T with/out texture RAM = High/Solid Impact, 4D60T = MaxImpact) You
need the Open3D stuff to get more as std VGA out of it. 3D acceleration
only with licence. It has a separate VGA on a mezzanine card, that can
be disabled. I have the user manual, but there is no funded tech. doc.
in that.
--

tsch,
         Jochen