[geeks] Anybody know anything about Intergraph's high end PCI framebuffers? Identified!!

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Mon Apr 22 14:47:54 CDT 2002

On 2002.04.22 06:15 Chris Byrne wrote:

> I have one of those myself. Now if I coulod only find the drivers CD.
They are downloadable from Compaq.
[google for compaq 4d50t driver open3d]
second link, http://www.support.compaq.com/open3d/sw4d50t.htm pointing
to http://www.support.compaq.com/open3d/kits/4dt503.tar maybe this will
help you.

> I'm tired of trying to get Tru64 to work on my PWS433AU and thinking
> of just sticking NetBSD on it at this point.
NetBSD will run fine on it, it ran fine on my 500au. (Use tlp(4), not
de(4)...) But I can not understand your trouble to get Tru64 on that
machine? I Just Installed It and it Just Works. I like Tru64 and its
BSDich style.

> I can get the bastard to install and
> boot but compile anythin?
You need an extra licence for the debugger and C++, but ANSI C should
work out of the box.

> Nahhh. Libraries missing all over the place.
No developement stuff installed?

> And god help my X configuration. I can't get it to work with anything
> other than 8 bit 640x480, which lemme tell you on a 24" monitor isnt
pretty.
Install the Open3D drivers. This will give you what I have right now in
front of me: 1280x1024x24bit at 75Hz. :-)

> Anyone know if any free x servers can take advantage of the
> powerstroms capabilities?
I don't think that there is somthing like that and I doubt that there
ever will be.

> Or anyone know how to get the damned thing working
> properly with Tru64?
Install the drivers... Ahh. And you need a licence for Open3D. Without
that you will not get accelerated 3D. Without licence plain 2D X11 is
all what you get. Note that this graphics beast plays in the same leage
as the SGI Impact...
--

tsch,
         Jochen