[geeks] Inventories and Wish Lists (again)

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Mon Apr 22 15:00:15 CDT 2002

On Mon, Apr 22, 2002 at 08:53:21PM +0100, Chris Byrne wrote:
> Emulex makes an FC card with drivers that can make it look like a switch
> port. Veritas has some storage management software that will let you take
> any Solaris 7 or 8 box and make it look like an FC storage array. Attach a
> large amount of local storage and a few of those cards and you're there. But
> that's still a fairly expensive solution (the Emulex boards go for around
> $1.5k if you buy them in lots of 5 from a wholesaler).

Wow.  Obviously pretty expensive.  That stuff is a long way down the road.
And buy the time I can get it, things will have probably progressed such
that Octane2s are affordable, and maybe I'd be considering something else
other than the Crays.  Who knows.  I've had enough dreaming about future
hardware.  If I do too much of that, it ruins my productivity and again
makes me depressed.

--
Joshua D. Boyd