[geeks] Inventories and Wish Lists (again)

Chris Byrne chris at chrisbyrne.com
Mon Apr 22 14:53:21 CDT 2002

Emulex makes an FC card with drivers that can make it look like a switch
port. Veritas has some storage management software that will let you take
any Solaris 7 or 8 box and make it look like an FC storage array. Attach a
large amount of local storage and a few of those cards and you're there. But
that's still a fairly expensive solution (the Emulex boards go for around
$1.5k if you buy them in lots of 5 from a wholesaler).

Chris Byrne