[geeks] lawn mowing efficiency

Bill Bradford mrbill at mrbill.net
Sun Apr 21 22:50:42 CDT 2002

On Sun, Apr 21, 2002 at 11:43:44PM -0400, S. Gwizdak  wrote:
> I was thinking that it might be possible to have a spinning laser
> (ala sprinkler) which could cut grass.

Yeah, but how would you "stop"it at the edge of the lawn?  A big border of
reflective material? 8-)

"Dont go out there, its mowing.. you'll lose a foot"

> The best way would be to get a riding lawnmower, and hook up a computer
> system of some kind to the steering mechanism...

Or, just buy one of these; they're already fairly common (at least
easily available):

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/stores/detail/-/garden/B000059MTA/

(Toro 30050 iMow Robotic Mower)

Bill