[geeks] lawn mowing efficiency

S. Gwizdak wazm at rm-f.net
Sun Apr 21 22:43:44 CDT 2002

> As I sit here, covered in sweat from just finishing mowing the lawn,
> I had some thoughts while mowing said lawn.
>
> I do it with a normal cheapie $150 push mower from Wal-Mart.  The way
> I was "taught" to mow lawns, with a eject-on-the-right-side mower, was
> to do it in a spiral, or squared-spiral, counterclockwise so that you
> never had to go over the grass you'd just mowed and ejected on the right-
> hand side.  Like this (monospaced fonts ahead!)

My neighbor decided the lawnmower way was dumb. He would light his lawn
on fire every few months, and take care of it that way.

I was thinking that it might be possible to have a spinning laser
(ala sprinkler) which could cut grass.

The best way would be to get a riding lawnmower, and hook up a computer
system of some kind to the steering mechanism...