[geeks] Thoughts on bash for root

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Sun Apr 21 00:46:51 CDT 2002

On Sun, Apr 21, 2002 at 03:41:51PM +1000, Scott Howard wrote:

> (ohh.. and did i mention i hate csh?)

I hate csh also.  I've used it for a long time.  I find scripts easier
to write in it than in bash though.

I prefer the user experience of bash.  I think bash style tab completion is
better than the esc completion of csh.  And I like easily flipping through
the command history.  Most of the stuff I prefer is a natural consequence of
using the GNU readline, except for the ways that tab complete is better
than esc completion (tab twice for a list of options).

--
Joshua D. Boyd