[geeks] Okay, I relent.

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Sun Apr 21 00:26:06 CDT 2002

On Sun, Apr 21, 2002 at 12:13:56AM -0500, Eric Dittman wrote:

> No, but they are annoying, and every time I look at Debian
> it is using a lot of old versions of software, like OpenBSD.

Are they insisting on using the older versions, or has the newer versions
just not managed to make it out of testing yet?  They are very strenous
about what it takes to make it into stable, which is admirable, but some
times annoying.  For instance, I don't want everything upgraded all the
time, but I pretty much always want the very latest GTK+, glib, and
gtkGLarea installed.  But, doing it myself results in loads of dependency
problems.

--
Joshua D. Boyd