[geeks] real quick Solaris patch question.

Brian Hechinger wonko at arkham.ws
Sat Apr 20 10:38:08 CDT 2002

On Sat, Apr 20, 2002 at 11:12:42AM -0400, Joshua D Boyd wrote:
> When I'm doing an install of the recommended patch cluster from Sun.com,
> I see lots of failures.
>   Installation of 108968-05 failed. Return code 2.
> Most are that one, which I think means that the patch is already installed,
> can anyone verify this?

you are correct.

>   Installation of 111808-01 failed. Return code 8.
> A few are this.  I can't find what Return code 8 is though.

attempted to apply a patch to a package that doesn't exist.  2 and 8 can both
be safely ignored.

http://www-uxsup.csx.cam.ac.uk/sun/recbundle.html

has a nice list of all the error codes at the bottom of the page.

-brian
--
>  Of course...a PeeCee is useless after it's four months old, remember?
No, no. It's *valueless* after it's four months old.
It's useless the moment it's made.                   -- David Fischer --