[geeks] fuck :(

Kurt Huhn kurt at k-huhn.com
Sat Apr 20 07:55:23 CDT 2002

>   He was a good friend and a great guy....  I kinda feel bad because I was
> standing by his bed looking at him and thinking " Why couldn't it have been
> the uncle that's an asshole..."

My condolances.  Sometimes there's sorrow for a life passed, other times
there's joy for the things accomplished during that life.  Focus on the
joyful aspects, recognize the grief, and show your apreciation to him.

When my grandfather passed earlier this week, it was more of a relief
than sorrow.  He had lived a good, long, fulfilled life.  Unfortunately,
when leukemia hits you at 84, your body doesn't have much to fight back
with.  He had been severely ill for the last 6 months, and there wasn't
much the doctors could do.  Ever the engineer though, he donated his
body to OSU so that there may be a chance to find something useful
towards a cure.

My mother hired a bagpiper to play at my grandmother's house yesterday -
he played a medley of Danny Boy, Scotland the Brave, and Amazing Grace.
I rarely become emotional - but bagpipes always get me...
--
Kurt
kurt at k-huhn.com