[geeks] Bleh...sucky connectivity awaits me

Chris Byrne chris at chrisbyrne.com
Fri Apr 19 15:02:04 CDT 2002

I might have to whether I want to or not. I havent worked since February and
the money has literally run out. I have exactly 250 left to my name at the
moment and about 10 times that in bills coming up in the next few weeks.
I've been waiting for my tax paperwork to come in fom the states so I can do
my Irish taxes (They owe me like 15 grand) but until then Im hosed.

On the other hand if I went back to the states or over to the UK I'd have
more work than I'd know whayt to do with. I'm getting upwards of 20
recruiters mailing me every day at this point. I knew the whole terrorist
thing would be great for the security and storagte industries but damn...

Chris Byrne

www.irelandoffline.org

Move to London.  You know you want to :-)

512/256 ADSL starts at ... errm ... not much.  Something like UKP30/mth.
I'm paying around three times that, but that includes a proper router,
8 static routable IPs, no filtering at all, an ISP with a good network,
and great customer service.  Oh, and my ISP is a) privately held and
b) profitable - both of which are a Good Thing.

--
Lord Protector David Cantrell     |     http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david

     Gehyrst u, slida, hwt is folc sege?
     Hi willa eow to gafole garas syllan,