[geeks] Bleh...sucky connectivity awaits me

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Fri Apr 19 08:42:05 CDT 2002

On Fri, Apr 19, 2002 at 01:01:27PM +0100, Chris Byrne wrote:
> Try ?120 a month for ISDN, plus ?50 account fee ?.05 a minute peak time
> (?0.75 per 15 minutes off peak)usage fees. Even in the limited areas that
> have 512down/128 up adsl (about 5000 homes in a country of 4 million)they
> charge ?200. Welcome to internet access in Ireland. www.irelandoffline.org

Move to London.  You know you want to :-)

512/256 ADSL starts at ... errm ... not much.  Something like UKP30/mth.
I'm paying around three times that, but that includes a proper router,
8 static routable IPs, no filtering at all, an ISP with a good network,
and great customer service.  Oh, and my ISP is a) privately held and
b) profitable - both of which are a Good Thing.

--
Lord Protector David Cantrell     |     http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david

     Gehyrst u, slida, hwt is folc sege?
     Hi willa eow to gafole garas syllan,