[geeks] GAH! City of Austin Vs. Microsoft

wa2egp at att.net wa2egp at att.net
Fri Apr 19 00:01:45 CDT 2002

I talked to a fellow who was legitimately selling M$ at
the Dayton hamfest.  A guy came strolling up the aisle
taking pictures of sellers and their stuff.  When he
approached, the seller asked,
"What you were doing?"
"I'm taking PR pictures for the Hamvention."
"You don't have my permission to take my picture."
"I don't need it."
"I want the film."
"No."
So the seller took him to the Hamvention booth.  Turns
out, he was not associated with the Hamvention but
worked for M$.  He was taking pictures of sellers who
were selling "unlicenced" M$ products.  When the cops
arrived, he had to turn over the film.  (Hee, hee!)