[geeks] sigh.

Jonathan C. Patschke jp at celestrion.net
Thu Apr 18 10:58:18 CDT 2002

On Thu, 18 Apr 2002 nick at snowman.net wrote:

> Gah.. and my E3000 will only have 2x250... I feel so.. .small.  Maybe I'll
> talk myself into a second & third proc board...

What's the difference between an Ex000, and the Ex500 system of the same
"x"?  I know the Ex000 systems were discontinued[1] a while back, but I
don't recall what Sun was cheering about when they ushered in the new
Ex500 machines.

I'm asking because I have the opportunity to get an E3000 (6x250, 1.5GB)
for relatively cheap, and I'm wondering if there are any huge gotchas
that'll have me disappointed.

--Jonathan
[1] For values of "x" not equal to 10.