[geeks] Computer desks

Michael Conlen meconlen at obfuscated.net
Wed Apr 17 22:19:07 CDT 2002

Do it the geek way, a couple of time life books on wood working, a few K in
tools and build something!

My uncle (EE) build an entire lab for his place. It's a seperate building,
he laid the concrete, put up the cheap aluminum sidding (it's in a
neighborhood of prefab housing for retired folk, so it fits) put a roof on
it, ran the power, build the desk and now has a wood working shop, EE lab,
yadda yadda yadda... ...and it's damn cool. My favorite was the 50 amp
circuit we built out of auto headlamp lights... ...they should make space
heaters out of those things.

--
Groove On Dude
Michael Conlen