[geeks] Computer desks

Dave Kimmel crisco_kid at shaw.ca
Wed Apr 17 19:06:48 CDT 2002

On Wed, 17 Apr 2002, David Passmore wrote:

> Hi folks,
>
> I'm tired of using the same old generic table as a computer desk. I was
> wondering if anyone knew of any interesting brands of desks, maybe some
> designed for two or three monitors.

I've got a nifty one from Ikea.  It can handle two monitors easily.  The
best thing about it, IMO, is that it isn't just a desk with a keyboard
tray.  There's a shelf for monitors, and the main surface is low enough
that a keyboard will be just the right height.  You pick the heights of
everything when you put it together.  Like everything at Ikea, this has a
name, its called "Jerker".

Its not perfect, but its pretty decent and probably worth a look.

-- Dave Kimmel
   crisco_kid at shaw.ca