Real Truckers Was:[geeks] Work getting slow

Joshua D Boyd jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu
Tue Apr 16 22:22:41 CDT 2002

On Tue, Apr 16, 2002 at 08:53:33PM -0400, Michael Conlen wrote:

> 2. Every driver I knew when my father ran the motel that the schneider
> drivers/trainees stayed at in Charlotte said they would never run multiple
> books and they all did.

A friend of mine is a trucker.  He said that his company told him not to pull
any fancy stuff with the books, and that if there was trouble with too many
hours, that the company would just pay the fines.

In addition to any motive the company had for encouraging this, the truckers
have the motive that most of their runs are short enough that just and hour
or two extra that day will get them back home, where they would rather be
(apparently they are mostly family men, except for my friend).  And, they
are running empty on the way back.

--
Joshua D. Boyd