Real Truckers Was:[geeks] Work getting slow

Michael Conlen meconlen at obfuscated.net
Tue Apr 16 19:53:33 CDT 2002

1. It's easy to drive around any weight station, espically on the east
coast, and the drivers know how to do this.
2. Every driver I knew when my father ran the motel that the schneider
drivers/trainees stayed at in Charlotte said they would never run multiple
books and they all did.

> It is also a proven fact that truck/auto accidents are 90% the
> fault of the
> auto operator. People complain about trucks and think they are some great
> evil beast in thier way making them late for work ot whatever. And lastly.
> Trucks pay for the roads we drive on. The average tractor trailer
> pays over
> $15.000 in highway use taxes over and beyond the what they pay in fuel tax
> or Apportioned License tag fees which are typically $1800.00 per year.

To be honest, I'm much happier around a group of trucks then I am around a
bunch of soccer moms or college students driving home. They know their
limits.

My favorite was when I was passing 70-something trucks which were all in one
long line in east Texas outside of Houston. Limit was 65, trucks doing 70,
me doing 80-85. One of the trucks pulls out in front of me. Gave signal, I
signaled back, he came over, and kept doing 70 and not passing! After a few
minutes I noticed something fly by on my left... ...it was the HWP chase
vehicle on the side of the road looking for speeders. After that the truck
pulled back over, I flipped the lights off twice, dropped to fourth, and
continued to count the trucks... ...I love 'em.

I think that you should have to get a CDL for for most SUV and vans, or at
least special certification. The people driving Yukons like they are Mini's
(iwantonesobad). Grrrrr...

I do have to admit I've seen semi's go off the road 'cuz the driver fell
asleep... ...took a load of new cars with him even!

--
Groove On Dude
Michael Conlen
meconlen at obfuscated.net