[geeks] grr AT

dave at cca.org dave at cca.org
Tue Apr 16 19:02:45 CDT 2002

jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de writes:

>LinuxTag 2000: (big Linux fair, I was one of the staff at the BSD booth)
>A bearded man with a RedHat was working around, surrounded by a big
>bulk of Linux weenies. (Like a light is surrounded by moths in the
>darkness.) The man came up to our BSD booth, I was sitting in the back
>on my MicroVAX... Two other people of the booth staff tried to sell him
>a FreeBSD CDR, but he refused it, as he already had a machine running
>FreeBSD. (To our big surprise.) Then he came to me and we had a short
>chat about VAXen and other DEC machines. Once he owned some  VAXen in
>19" racks, but gave them away ... his wife, you know... He still owns
>a QBus DECsystem...
>The bearded man with a RedHat was Alan Cox. :-)

>Also: I know the designer of the VAX 11/780 CPU data path unit and the
>DEC H4000. His son is on our german VAXgeek mailing list...

Bob Supnik came to one of our open houses at the RCS once. Admired
our collection, played spacewar on one of our PDP-12s...

We had him autograph some technical article.

------ David Fischer ------- dave at cca.org ------- http://www.cca.org ------
-------- "I prefer the ridiculous to the sublime." - James Chance ---------