[geeks] grr AT

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Tue Apr 16 08:39:22 CDT 2002

On Mon, Apr 15, 2002 at 11:35:15PM -0500, Bill Bradford wrote:

> me: "DUDE, IM NOT WORTHY"
> Other than that, I've never really met anybody "famous";
LinuxTag 2000: (big Linux fair, I was one of the staff at the BSD booth)
A bearded man with a RedHat was working around, surrounded by a big
bulk of Linux weenies. (Like a light is surrounded by moths in the
darkness.) The man came up to our BSD booth, I was sitting in the back
on my MicroVAX... Two other people of the booth staff tried to sell him
a FreeBSD CDR, but he refused it, as he already had a machine running
FreeBSD. (To our big surprise.) Then he came to me and we had a short
chat about VAXen and other DEC machines. Once he owned some  VAXen in
19" racks, but gave them away ... his wife, you know... He still owns
a QBus DECsystem...
The bearded man with a RedHat was Alan Cox. :-)

Also: I know the designer of the VAX 11/780 CPU data path unit and the
DEC H4000. His son is on our german VAXgeek mailing list...
--

tsch|_,
         Jochen