[geeks] Traffic shaping w/Apache?

Greg A. Woods woods at weird.com
Tue Apr 16 15:34:45 CDT 2002

[ On Tuesday, April 16, 2002 at 15:02:26 (-0500), Bill Bradford wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: [geeks] Traffic shaping w/Apache?
>
> On Tue, Apr 16, 2002 at 03:45:19PM -0400, Kurt Huhn wrote:
> > What OS?  It might be easier to use ipfilter (or IP Filter, or ipchains,
> > or netfilter, or whatever) to do this.
>
> And ipfilter wont do it.. I keep hearing about "altq" but I cant find a main
> page/download for it.

The first hit on google should do fine....

FYI it's a kernel thing.  Part of the KAME project, but available
separately (as a supposedly easy to install kit for *BSD).

It's been in NetBSD-current for a while now, but is not yet in any
release (1.6 will likely be the first unless that's delayed and someone
manages to convince them to pull it onto 1.5.x somehow.... ;-).

--
								Greg A. Woods