[geeks] galeon Doesn't Suck that much....

Jochen Kunz jkunz at unixag-kl.fh-kl.de
Tue Apr 16 07:40:44 CDT 2002

On Tue, Apr 16, 2002 at 08:51:56AM +0100, David Cantrell wrote:

> > I haven't heard too many people complain about NetBSD's performance.
> No, but then, people run NetBSD because it's often the only choice other
> than $vendor_OS, so they are usually choosing it for reasons other than
> performance.
I second that.
If I install NetBSD, I install it to get NetBSD, not to get the
latest % of performance out of a machine. If I need compute
power, I can by a 2GHz PeeCee... But I don't need that much power.
I need / want a sane *ix environment on reliable hardware to work on.
E.g. NetBSD on a DEC 3000 can provide this. A machine of that vintage
has enough ohmts to get my work done. (Especially since it waits 99%
of the time for my input. ;-)
--

tsch|_,
         Jochen