[geeks] galeon Doesn't Suck that much....

David Cantrell david at cantrell.org.uk
Tue Apr 16 02:51:56 CDT 2002

On Mon, Apr 15, 2002 at 08:27:14PM -0400, Greg A. Woods wrote:
> [ On Monday, April 15, 2002 at 23:07:42 (+0200), Jochen Kunz wrote: ]
> > GCC is knowen to make bad, or at least suboptimal, code on all RISC
> > platforms. Installing it to make my live easier is no choice, as I am no
> > whimp. I _want_ to die hard. ;-)
> All of the nearly 50-odd supported NetBSD platforms, running on 10-16
> different CPU families to date (depending on how you count them), use
> only GCC, and at least four of those are strictly RISC.

I fail to see any contradiction here.

> I haven't heard too many people complain about NetBSD's performance.

No, but then, people run NetBSD because it's often the only choice other
than $vendor_OS, so they are usually choosing it for reasons other than
performance.

--
Lord Protector David Cantrell     |     http://www.cantrell.org.uk/david

       Willing to accept a lower economic "standard of
       living" in return for higher quality of life