[geeks] books on refridgeration and cooling

Kurt Mosiejczuk kurt at csh.rit.edu
Mon Apr 15 23:05:22 CDT 2002

On Tue, 16 Apr 2002, Jochen Kunz wrote:

> I always smile when you US citizens whine about not having thre phase
> PWR. At least here in Germany a 63 A thre phase feed for every (one
> family) house is normal. I know of someone in Munich who has a CDC 6600
> in his basement...

Yah bastard.  That hurts.

=)

Although a 63A three phase would be a bit much for the current house
that only has 100A service.  Ugh.  We're looking at getting central
air (well, the landlord is) and we HAVE to upgrade electrical to even
consider it.  I want it anyway... whenever anything with a big motor
kicks in (dishwasher, washing machine, dryer) the lights dim for a
half a second.  *sigh*

I'm thinking I want 300A service =)

--Kurt