[geeks] I HAVE BEEN CORRUPTED

Rick Hamell hamellr at heorot.1nova.com
Mon Apr 15 17:43:18 CDT 2002

> Problem with that, is once you buy a certain amount, the Xbox becomes a
> much more attractive platform for developers, and then lots of good games
> come out, which is where M$ would make the money.
>
> So, buying lots might hurt M$ short term, but might help them long run.

	It depends... In the console market, Playstations and Gamecubes
are both discounted enough that each person who buys one needs to buy
3-$50 games for Sony or Nintendo to make money.

	The Xbox is discounted so far that Microsoft won't make anything
until the 6th $50 game is sold for that unit! Unluckily, Microsoft seems
to have missed the fact that statistically in the console market, the
average per a console sold is only 4 games. I think they're banking on it
replacing the PC/TV as the home entertainment market way too much.

	Rick